Tomato & Feta Salad
My tomato & feta salad is a fresh hit of flavour, colour and texture. Ready in minutes, this stress-free salad is the perfect accompaniment to any feast. See how flexible this little tomato treasure can be…
For a quick and easy salad, there’s nothing as simple as a tomato salad. On the table in a matter of minutes, a tomato salad is a no-fuss addition to any feast. This Mediterranean inspired version features juicy, tart beefsteak tomatoes with sharp feta cheese. The combination of flavour and texture is sublime.
Mix and match the perfect tomato salad
This recipe is SO flexible - all the ingredients are interchangeable. See how you can change things up:
Tomato varieties - There’s a world of tomato out there. Beefsteak tomatoes are perfect for this salad, but when in season, heirloom tomatoes make the perfect variety too. Cherry, grape, roma - they’re all good choices too. Essentially, if it's a tomato - use it!
Cheeses - I also mix up the cheeses I use - feta is great as it has that sharp, briny flavour, but I’ll also use other cheeses like shaved Spanish Manchego, Turkish Peynir, Italian Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino and even Labne or ricotta from time to time. Mix and match your favourite cheeses for infinite flavour combinations.
Dressing - Vinegars come in all varieties, I like to use red wine or white wine vinegars the most, but also Champagne, sherry, apple cider and tarragon vinegars are all super delicious. I have an amazing bottle of pomegranate vinegar too, that I'll use if I'm serving alongside Middle Eastern dishes.
Herbs - Finishing the salad with herbs is a great way to add colour and of course flavour. As in this recipe, I love fresh mint. You can use fresh parsley, chives, oregano, basil, thyme, tarragon and marjoram. I also sometimes like to finish the salad with a few sprinkles of mild red pepper flakes like Aleppo Pepper.
The salad is really as simple as slicing the tomatoes, drizzling with a simple vinegar and extra virgin olive oil dressing and then scattering the cheese, salt & pepper and herbs! What could be easier!?
So, as you can see, lots of choices, lots of flavour - this simple Tomato salad is open to suggestions and whatever you have in the fridge. It’s the perfect accompaniment to pretty much anything! Fish, meat, vegetables and suits many types of cuisines other than Mediterranean recipes. Try it with Middle Eastern, South American too!
More delicious recipes.
If you like this, fill your table with more of my delicious recipes.
- Turkish Mücver (Zucchini Fritters)
- Anchovy Sauce
- Hawaij Spice (Spice mix from Yemen)
- Moroccan Blood Orange & Black Olive Salad
- Borani Kadoo (Afghani Squash Salad) | براني كدو
- Beetroot Salad with Dukkah & Whipped Feta
- Fennel & Apple Salad
- Spanish Eggplant Salad
- Turkish Salad (Shepherd Salad)
- Greek Marinade for Lamb
- Salt Pork with Puy Lentils (Petit Sale aux Lentilles)
- Fennel & Orange salad
- Pisto Manchego
Tomato & Feta Salad
Rate this recipePrint Recipe Pin Recipe Save Recipe Go to Collections
- 3 tomatoes (around 300-400g/12oz) (sliced)
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 3 tbsp fresh mint (finely chopped)
- salt & pepper
- Aleppo pepper flakes (optional)
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter. Whisk together the oil and vinegar and drizzle over the tomatoes, making sure they all get some dressing.
- Spinkle over the feta and mint and then season with salt and pepper.
- If using, sprinkle over a pinch or two of the Aleppo pepper flakes.
Leave A Comment